We are looking for adult patients with (familial hypercholesterolemia) family history of high blood cholesterol levels or with (non-familial hypercholesterolemia) high blood cholesterol levels with heart vessel disease or risk factors for heart vessel disease, for a research study of an investigational medication.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be taking an unaltered dose of cholesterol lowering medications (statins) for a minimum of four weeks
- Have a high blood cholesterol (LDL) level of >100 mg/dL ( > 2.59 mmol/L)
There is no cost to participate in the study. For qualified participants, travel costs will be reimbursed by arrangement.
Content of this study:
- You take your own medicines and will be given an extra (study) medication or placebo (inactive drug) during the study in ratio 2:1 for up to 18 months with a further follow up period of 8 weeks afterwards
- Procedures during visits: blood pressure measurements, ECG (heart rhythm tracing), color vision test, neurological tests, physical examination and blood tests;
- You should adhere to a cholesterol lowering diet during the course of the study.
For more information please call: PRN of Kansas at 316-838-7700 or toll free at 877-785-5373